Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Trademe experiment.

So I am broke and want a new computer. So could Trademe save me?

I might put it up to the challenge. By only spending no more than $100 a purchase I will see what is possible to get a nice working system that will allow me to play Elder Scrolls 4 faster than 20fps (what my current PC manages).

Here are the rules:

  • I can only spend $100 a week or purchase
  • The only way I can spend more than $100 is if I didn’t buy anything the earlier week.
  • The parts have to work (duh), be either a socket 754, 939 or similar system.
  • In order for the challenge to be successful, I need to have fully loaded box that was only bought through trade by the end of November.

I will keep this post updated every week instead of making a new blog post every week. You may ask why I would risk buying all my equipment off a trady outfit like Trademe? Well mainly because I think it is a myth to get a excellent system for a decent price. Not to mention if it is in good working order.

No comments: