Friday, September 22, 2006

Mac is OK. It like works and stuff.

So the last real time I owned and used a Mac was way back in 1999 with OS9. When my Toshiba hard disk decided to die, I thought why the hell not, it's prettier than the Toshiba. So I am now the owner of OS X tiger. Oh yeah my missus isn’t too happy about me Indian giving (can I say that?), but oh well.

So for the last fortnight I have been using OS X for about 90% of the time. And the biggest difference with windows is the same difference with Linux:

I spend my time on how to do something instead of getting it to do something. In other words, I spend time on using my machine instead on of getting my machine able to be used. To say that I would totally move to OS X would be far fetched. But if vista leaves a lot less to be desired, I may be inclined to use windows for playing games and using a Mac/*nix set up for everything else.

Apart from games, OS X and Linux do everything a window does and better.

MAKE THE SWITCH!!

No comments: